This recipe makes a ton of soup. I like to make a lot because with soup, leftovers are always better than the original, in my opinion.
3-4 cans of black beans (I use Bushes beans, with the seasoning)
1 box of frozen chopped spinach (or about four cups of fresh spinach, chopped)
1 bag of frozen corn
4 (or more, I usually add more) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced.
2-3 cloves of Garlic (remember, I love garlic)
1 small Onion (you can add more but this is all I can get away with in this house of onion-haters)
3-4 tbsp. Olive Oil
1. Saute onion in olive oil until almost translucent, be sure not to burn.
2. Add garlic and let cook until golden.
3. Add black beans, spinach, and sweet potatoes
4. Fill empty cans of black beans with water, about half way to get the rest of the seasoning from the bottom of the cans and pour into pot.
5. Let cook for about 15 minutes, checking for consistency. You can add more water or vegetable broth if you like yours "soupier" at this point.
6. Continue cooking until sweet potatoes are tender.
7. Add salt, pepper, oregano and any other seasonings you wish to taste.
8. Add bag of corn and cook until soup is heated through
9. Serve. I like to serve mine over rice, with a little slab of butter between the rice and soup.
Hope you enjoy.
This really is a super easy recipe and takes not time to make. And it's soooo super yummy.